If you happen to have some pool test strips at home and do not want to by a soil tester for a one time use. This is the test for you.
What you Need
- Pool Tester strips
- Distilled Water (Reverse Osmosis)
- 1 Cup of Soil from one part of the area your testing
- 1 Cup of Soil from a different part of the area you want to testing
- Ziplock baggie or a container to mix water and dirt in
Steps to testing the PH
- Get your pool strips
- Combine both cups of soil into one container. The ziplock baggie is nice because you can mix with your hand and throw away when done.
- Grab your distiller water or reverse osmosis water (same thing)
- Pour water into the container to make it muddy
- Mix it or squeeze it in order to create a very watery mud.
- Get your test strip and submerge into mixture for about 2 seconds.
- Now the test strip is muddy
- Wash the muddy water off with more of the distilled water.
- Now you are all set. Use the measurements on the back to see what the PH of your soil is. Hint: It should be in the 7s.