This was one of my favorite recipes my Granny made when I was a kid. She would make them on most holidays. She would serve them with Ritz Crackers, Wheat Thins and Triscuits.
If you want to bring something to a party that people will rave about and beat the pants off of any store bought cheese… make this!
This makes two large cheeseballs (about 4-5 inches in diameter). The measurements do not have to be perfect. It will taste good if they are close… trust me.
- 16oz of Philly Cream Cheese
- 10oz of Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8oz of blue cheese crumbles (or you can break it up yourself)
- 1 tsp of minced green pepper
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups of chopped pecans (the more the better as it gives more texture to it)
How to Make
- Let all the cheese warm up close to room temperature so it’s easier to mix
- Put everything (except the chopped pecans) into a mixing bowl
- You can put some pecans into the mix for a little bit of added texture
- use your hands to mix all the ingredients together
- split the mix into half
- roll each half into a ball shape
- spread out the chopped pecans on to a big plate or cutting board
- roll each cheese ball into the chopped pecans to cover them as much as possible
- Remember, the more pecans the better. Enjoy!