There are a lot of different way to boil eggs. This is the most successful, easy and consistent method I have found. By following these directions the egg should peel easily and not have that grayish black part around the yolk.
Video of the Below Steps
Steps to Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place all eggs in pot (no more than 12)
- Fill the pot with cold water covering the eggs with at least 1 inch of water on top of them
- Place the pot on the stove and set to temperature to high
- Observe the eggs until they reach a “rolling boil”. A “rolling boil” is where there are bubbles all over the pot and large. It is not a simmer with little bubble appearing slowly.
- Once the water is at a “rolling boil”, allow this to happen for 1 minute. Set a timer for 1 minute once you observe this.
- After the 1 minute, Turn off heat.
- CAUTION: The handles of the pot may be hot so put on some ovenmitts
- Move the pot off of the heat source for 8 minutes
- Set timer for 8 minutes
- After the 8 minutes, drain the hot water from the pot
- Finally, Dump the eggs into a big bowl with an ice bath in it
- The ice bath should be about half ice and half water
- Tadaa! Perfect Eggs!